The Monster Mash is Tonight!
Fun Run Raised Tons! --Thank You from BPTO
Wow! Our Brooks Bobcats sprinted all the way to our goal and raised over $5000 for our school family! Way to go Bobcats! #Brooksproud!
Class Results- We promised pizza and they earned it!
-Mrs. Kelly’s Kindergarten class ran 100 laps! This was the most by any classroom in the lower elementary!
-Mr. Wahtola’s 4th Graders ran 112 laps! This was the most by any classroom in the upper elementary! (Mrs. Brinkman’s class was only 3 laps behind them- way to go 4th grade!)
-Mrs. Even’s Kindergarten class worked hard at collecting donations! Their class raised $827 for our school!
Individual Prize Winners
- Every student earned a ‘great job’ brag tag to display on their backpacks.
- This year’s top fund raiser was Jossalyn Szostzowski in Mrs. Even’s class. She won a pool party from Huron Valley Pools.
- Our raffle winners were:
- Autumn Malosh- 6 Month HV Pools & Fitness family membership
- Payton Gignac- 20 free pool passes
- Josie Reipen- 20 free pool passes
- Thank you to the following students who earned a raffle ticket by raising over $100 for Brooks: Avery Lee, Lilly Bowen, Jessica Liker, Savannah Herning, Emma Lee, Wyatt Robertson, Nicholas Rabette, Audrey Tacia, Aveana Schulze, Connor Hopkins, Thomas Haselmire
We would like to thank Huron Valley Recreation and Community Education for the generous donations to our event. We would also like to thank the Roy Family for their donation of Bagger Dave’s coupons for every student.
Most of all we would like to thank YOU! Thank you for donating your money, time and energy to this fund raiser! Thank you for coming to enjoy the day with your child. We are Brooks and we are PROUD!!!
Until next year, thank you!!
September Students of the Month
Milford Times Star Students
October 28--Half-Day, Dimissal at 12:43 pm
Red Wings Assembly
Ms. Beach has Donor's Choose Project Funded
Brooks Halloween Information
We want to have fun without too much fright this year at Brooks! We ask children and parents to choose a costume which does not frighten our younger students. This means no scary masks, weapons, blood, etc.
We are anticipating a happy and safe celebration and invite you to watch our parade!
Please note the following guidelines:
- Send costume to school in a bag labeled with your child’s name.
- Help your kindergarten and first grader practice getting into his/her costume at home. Children should be able to put their costumes on by themselves at school.
- Weapons, frightening make-up, face paint, and scary masks are not permitted. We ask the same of adults visiting our school.
Parents are invited to come and watch our parade. If you choose to wear a costume, please follow the above guidelines as well, so as not to frighten young students.
- Please remember to sign in and obtain a visitor badge prior to visiting the classrooms.
The parade will weave its way through the school and outside along the front sidewalk and back blacktop. If the weather does not cooperate, we will lead our parade through the halls and gym.
Please remember teaching and learning will be going on in the classrooms until the parties begin.
The BPTO is organizing dinner for the teachers on both conference nights this year. Please watch for a Sign Up Genius to be coming your way soon.
Veteran's Day Assembly--Honoring Our Veterans
We are also making a bulletin board to honor our relatives who have served in the past or are currently serving. If you would like to send in one picture marked with the person’s name, branch and which student they are related to, we will include them! Send in the information in with your student to give to their teacher.
10-28-16 Half Day for students
11-3-16 Parent Teacher Conferences
11-8-16 No School—Election Day
11-9-16 BPTO Meeting at 9:15 am
11-10-16 Parent Teacher Conferences
11-11-16 Brooks Veteran’s Day Assembly
11-11-16 Brooks 5th Grade Music Concert
11-23—11-25 Thanksgiving Break
12-6 —12-8 Secret Santa Shop
12-9-16 Half-Day for students
12-14-15 BPTO Meeting at 9:15 am
12-16-16 Big Show Sign Up
12-23-16 Winter Break (12-23—1-3)